Tuesday, November 21, 2006

TWO WEEKS: countdown

My friends: I know some of you wonder why I always stay up and sleep in so late, what the hell it is I do when I say I'm 'working', what a creative writing thesis actually is, why it's so hard for me to pick up a goddamn phone or return an e-mail once in a while, and why I look so rough when you do see me.

Or maybe, my fellow writing friends, you've been through the wars--or will be soon--and you're interested to know how similar or dissimilar your own style of insular, marathon-writing is to other writers'? Perhaps you'd like to compare notes: what music do we leave on low, if any; how much human contact do we allow; what do we eat?

Well, you're in luck. My creative writing MFA thesis is due to my advisor in two weeks, exactly. Yes, I will be shut away the entire time. I'll be keeping a rough journal of sorts with the details (external, only) of my sedentary days. This is an experiment for the curious.

No comments: